Student Wellbeing at Bacchus Marsh College supports students to build the skills and resilience to cope with personal and educational challenges.
Our Wellbeing Team provides a multitude of programs and supports to assist young people with their wellbeing and engagement. We offer individual support and facilitate referrals to outside agencies.
The Wellbeing Team offer a range of programs that are utilised to cater to students’ specific needs of support. We are supported in the delivery of these programs by Moorabool Shire Youth Workers and the Victoria Police School Liaison Officer.
- Managing the Bull – RESILIENCE support for students who need support to manage challenging emotions.
- Yaluk group – Engagement and support group for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
- Coaching Young People for Success – an holistic, evidenced-based coaching system to confidently coach young people to achieve greater life satisfaction, wellbeing and performance in all areas of their life.
- Engage – Supports and re-engages students who have had issues with the return to on-site learning.
- Rage – Assists young people who have reoccurring issues with regulating their emotions to enable greater control over behaviour patterns.
- Getting Dirty – Community engagement program for students who prefer a hands on approach to mental health.
- LGBT+ Alliance – A student led support group for all students.