The entirety of a child’s educational journey is important: from being read books as an infant to graduating and entering the workforce prepared and ready to take on the associated challenges. For most students, however, the final two years of Secondary School is where the ‘rubber hits the road’. Students are not only excited by the prospect of school completion, but they become increasingly motivated and focused by the looming reality of life beyond school.
At Bacchus Marsh College, we take seriously the task of ensuring that every student has the best possible chance of achieving their preferred post-school pathway. It is for this reason that we provide the following resources and opportunities for students at Year 11 and 12:
- The Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL), and an array of Vocational Education and Training (VET) programs.
- A broad range of subject choices, small class sizes, and teachers with deep content knowledge.
- Access to ongoing course counselling and careers expos and planning days.
- Year 12 Study Camp and numerous excursions to subject content and vocationally relevant venues.
- Individual and small-group tutoring through Homework Club, Catch-up Classes and online platforms.
- A VCE Study Centre, and a brand new dedicated VCAL Centre for a focused study environment.
We are proud of the achievements of our past students, with the majority successfully obtaining their first preference in tertiary education, training or employment in 2020! The percentage of students from Bacchus Marsh College who successfully transition to further studies or full-time employment in consistently above state-means, highlighting the fact that overall our students are well prepared for their chosen pathways!